Sweet Wormwood (Qinhao)
Scientific Name(s): Artemisia annua L. Family: Asteraceae (daisies)
Common Name(s): qinghao (Chinese, meaning “from the green herb”) , sweet wormwood , sweet annie, sweet sagewort and annual wormwood and belongs to the family of the Asteraceae with great therapeutic and economic importance.
• In 2015, qinghaosu was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for its saving millions of lives from severe malaria in developing countries.
• The herb qinghao has been used medically to treat fevers for more than 2,000 years and to treat malaria for more than 1,000 years in China.
• In the recent years, the traditional uses of the natural compounds are well tested for their efficacy and generally believed to be safe for human use.
Bamboo actually contains 70% natural silica, an organic compound that is essential for the body and works to keep your skin looking healthy, supple and radiant.
• Bamboo extract can actually strengthen the skin, making it perfect for those suffering from acne.
• It has excellent moisturizing properties.
• It has some good sun screening abilities.
• It can reduce melanin production, helping dark spots fade away.